Imperial College London’s property portfolio includes a number of educational and Halls of Residence buildings in the lovely conservation village of Wye, Kent.
Six buildings had been identified as requiring major refurbishment after falling into various stages of disrepair and Brennan Limited undertook a phased programme of sensitive work to the following properties, many of which are listed:
- The Old Flying Horse Inn (Grade II status)
- The Vicarage (17th century listed building)
- 3-5 The Green (Grade II status)
- Wolfson House (1981)
- Edward Partridge House (1950)
- Cold Harbour House
Each building has been the subject of major structural work, renovation, refurbishment and in some cases, extension. At completion, each property was placed on the private residential rental market.
Particular attention was paid to neighbour relations in this quiet village and close cooperation was maintained with villagers to ensure noise, dust, vibration and general inconvenience was managed and minimised. A number of artefacts dating back to 1792 were found during the project and transferred to the local historical society.